I learned something pretty amazing today. Fudge came up in conversation in the break room, as various foods typically do, and I was told that Fluff could be used to make it. I was very intrigued by this idea and decided to give it a try. I could have made a simple chocolate fudge, however I came across this chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe on Pinterest from Recipe Girl. This recipe was so simple and quick, I had it in the fridge to set within 20 minutes. It was delicious! (more…)
May 2014 archive
About a week ago the twins and I were discussing our Memorial Day Weekend plans. All three of us were shocked that this long weekend had come upon us so quickly. Melissa and I quickly realized we had zero plans and decided it would be a great idea to spend it together. She drove in Friday night which worked out perfectly, allowing us to really spend all of Saturday together.
After enjoying a stack of blueberry pancakes and doing a few chores around the house, we hit the fairways and played a short round of golf. The weather was shotty looking however during our time out the sun kept on shining. It wasn’t until we finished our last hole that the rain started to come down.
Another hectic week behind me. Of course I had to document all of my tasty meals along the way.
This week I enjoyed the company of my monthly dinner-date crew. We dined at one of my favorite restaurants in Albany, New World Bistro. The creativity and freshness the chef puts into every dish is amazing. You really cannot go wrong with any choice. We decided to share a bunch of smaller plates, and let me tell you, we had an explosion of flavors on our table. Here was the line up:
– “Cage” blackened string beans, one of my favorites!
– Warm curried cashews
– Hummus with flat bread and olives
– “Toscano” flat bread: fig jam, arugula, Gorgonzola, and topped off with truffle oil. Devinne!
– Fiddle head salad, which was on special that night.
And for dessert:
– Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
– Cookie Sandwich OTD: Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two very large and warm chocolate chip cookies. Drizzled with chocolate sauce and sprinkled with chocolate chips.